Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Dweam Within a Dweam Chapter 1: There's Still Bacon. It still comes from the Bacon Tree.

This is chapter 1 of a book I'm working on. If you have not done so, I recommend reading the Introduction first.

CHAPTER 1
There’s Still Bacon. It still comes from the Bacon Tree.


Years later, while heading towards the bacon section of Portland Marketplace, Marty saw Johnny with a package of Hormel® Black Label® bacon in his hands.

Marty: “Hey, you Son of a Baptist! You really ought to buy the store brand, it’s much better.”

Johnny: “That’s insane! Hormel® Black Label® bacon is awesome. It’s way better than the store brand! How have you been Marty?”

Marty: “I’m doing pretty good but stop trying to change the subject! The store brand is much better.”

Johnny: “Marty, I’m glad you like the store brand so much. But, I’m buying the Hormel® Black Label® bacon.”

Marty: “Listen! It is an objective fact that the store brand is better! I demand that you come to my apartment tonight. I will fry up some of the store brand and some of your wretched Hormel® Black Label® bacon and we will subject one another to double blind taste tests. That is the only way to settle this dispute!”

Johnny: “Alright. I have to stop at my parent’s house but I’ll be over about 8.”

Marty: ”Very well then, I look forward to proving you wrong!”

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this made me hungry for bacon