Monday, October 19, 2009

Esteban Shows His Envy Of My Infallible Sermon Critiques


My friend Esteban has dared to question my sermon evaluations. Esteban, of course, is just jealous that he didn't come up with the system first. For shame! Since I am merciful I will give him time to repent before starting the imprecatory prayers.

In all seriousness though I do think there may be some flaws in my method of evaluation. I'm just having difficulty thinking of better ones. Suggestions would be much appreciated. I would like the system to be as objective as possible. The evaluations do center on how Christ-centered the sermon is and I do think that they have accurately revealed that some ministers that are known for their Christ-centered sermons do not always preach Christ-centered sermons.

1 comment:

Esteban Vázquez said...

Alas, Charles, it is you who must repent, for there is only one who is infallible, Moisés Silva. I earnestly hope for your repentance.

I will think about this some more, but as I noted in the comments to the post you link here, I think that looking for a Christocentric focus is quite worthwhile.