Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The O Antiphons

A few years back, Pastor Bill Cwirla posted a very helpful resource for the use of the O Antiphons in the days leading up to Christmas. There are always lots of reasons to pray for the coming of Christ when we will experience our full salvation. The shooting in Connecticut is a horrific reminder of the sinful world that we live in and that peace and safety can only be found in Christ. I hope that the families of the victims are able to look forward to the resurrection of their children. I don't put any hope in the Mayan calendar but the return of Christ on December 21 would be a wonderful birthday present for me. My own sinful nature is revealed in the fact that my own back pain has caused me to pray "Come Lord Jesus" more than the shootings have. I am curved inward both spiritually and physically.

No comments: