Sunday, January 11, 2009

Please for my wife and baby


For those who don't know me very well on a personal level, my wife is pregnant with a baby girl and has a c-section scheduled for January 16th. She has been in and out of the hospital--she has gestational diabetes and high blood pressure. Currently she has regular contractions anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes apart. We have gone through wonderful four hour stays at the hospital only to be told that she is not having "real" labor since her cervix hasn't been dilating. Her cervix never dilates. If we waited for it to dilate in order to have a baby we would probably have the baby some time next year. We lost twins earlier this year and so there are a whole lot of psychological stresses and fears as well. Please keep my wife in your prayers and pray that our not yet born baby Lydia will be healthy and brought safely to the waters of holy baptism.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad and I continue to pray for you, Laura, Lydia, Caleb, and Joshua everyday and particularly for your request on your blog. Love Mom

Esteban Vázquez said...

Be assured of my prayers, my friend.